Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Paying the Bills


Isn't it odd that I love to open my bills, and than rush to the computer and set up billpay for them? Is it because I can afford them? Or is it because it gives me a sense of responsibility? Would it be the same if Scott was the only one bringing home the dough? Hmmm... I wonder why it gives me such a feeling of accomplishment to hit the "submit" button. I created an excel worksheet to even tell me how much more I owe for the rest of the month and how much has gone out. If I was older would it be as much fun or do I find it "cool" just because I'm twenty years old? I find it very odd that anyone loves to pay bills. Maybe part of it is I work so hard for my paychecks twice a month that I'm more than happy to give my contribution to the bills. It is also interesting to me that in school I really could've cared less for the subject of math, and now I find myself finding ways to fumble the numbers around, or ways to cut down the bills every month so I can put more into savings... Don't get me wrong, the more money you save the better off you are BUT still I'm having a hard time why I think me paying the bills is something to brag about when everyone in the world has to do it. I find myself begging Scott to go to the mailbox to get the bills just so I can open them, and see all the "Thank you for your payment" remarks. I get to write one check a month for HOA and let me tell you... I enjoy signing my name Jennifer Campbell... I guess it makes me feel grown up. You'de think the me being pregnant and about to be amother would make me feel more grown up but no it's paying the bills? I guess I am and odd duckling? I guess it makes me feel like Mr. Doug Funny because whenever he goes into his "imaginary" world he becomes this superhero when really he's just a funny young boy going through life. I'm just a funny odd girl going through life but when I do something silly I go into my own world thinking I'm so "cool" and "grown" up because I paid a bill. Funny how our minds work sometimes eh?

3 comments:

  1. Called life and you are living it... well! I'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are cute like Doug Funny. I'm proud of you, too! Great post, little blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You find the very best pictures for your wondeful posts! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete