Monday, July 27, 2009

You Can Fly

Don't we all wish that we never had to grow up? But, it seems
to work out that we want to grow up too fast when we're young, and then we can't seem to slow growing up down when we want to be "young" again. If I think back to high school, I think how much time I wasted with people that I have nothing to do with now? Why didn't I spend more time with my family? Why did I dread having to spend the night in when it was a family night? I remember my dad telling me that it when you grow up you regret all the time you spent out of the house. Back then all I heard was blah blah blah. But, now I realize what he was saying. I wish I would've spent all my time at home it would've been way more worth it, and I would've gotten way more out of it as well. Why do we all seem to think that growing up takes too long when we're "younger" but than growing up seems to have gone by way to quick when you're moved out and now working to live. Isn't it funny that once you have bills to pay, you realize that working is no longer fun but a necessary essential to life? No longer do you work to go get that new shirt you really wanted, but you work to put food on the table and to pay bills. I think that it's hard for people to make that transition, but I got lucky and had someone who had been doing it for awhile, so the adjustment wasn't all that hard to make. Maybe it's good that we all are forced to grow up, but maybe a good piece of advice is to not grow up till' you have to, don't rush it? Now, it just all depends if you take that advice...

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Rose! Yeah, it's true. We do want to rush things. Bummer. But you can still do childlike things, especially when you are a mother! You get to go to the park again, color and paint, sing silly songs, make wands. Get on that. You need to enter the contest. Love you like crazy, little birdie! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete