Monday, June 29, 2009

A Weekend in Washington


Yes, Yes I got to spend this past weekend in Washington state in a town called Burlington. Better than I expected I would say. Didn't expect to have as much fun as I did. I thought it would be a little akward with the whole me not seeing any of my aunts, uncles, or cousins for about 12 years... But to my surprise it was fun and interesting to see how much we've all changed. It was very nice to be around the water again. Haven't gotten to smell the salt water for many years. Living in Colorado you don't get to see much water at all so it was very nice to be around it. I also got to see many agricultural things that I also don't often get to see. Strawberry bushes, apple trees, and for my first time a cherry tree. Also, you know that you are in the country when there is a bunch of cows outside of the church. It's very interesting to see how things change from state to state and city to city. As much as I loved being in Washington, I am ready to go back to the city, and be on my toes again. It was wierd to sleep with no noises to sing me to sleep. In Aurora, I hear sirens, cars, and people all through out the night, and I guess I'm just used to that so now when the ouside is dead quiet it throws me off a little bit. I guess I am just a city girl now. It was very nice to see my grandma and grandpa who have 19 grandkids! I also enjoyed seeing my aunts and uncles who I've not seen in awhile. I got to see my Aunt Sue's st. bernard who is a whopping 145 pounds! She was very slobbery but also very cute and fun to play with... my grandpa calls her the slobbermonster. I think that Betsy's ear was bigger than my pom's little head. It was def. interesting to be around a 145 lb. dog when I'm used to a little ten lb. pup. I went driving around town with my mom and got to see the strawberry fields and boy did it smell good. I am very excited to go home to my sweet huband who painted Samantha's room this weekend, and he will be picking me up at the airport. It'll be nice to be reunited!

2 comments:

  1. You are so much fun! You'll take the scent of strawberries home with you, won't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you had so much fun! What a party it sounds to have been! Glad your coming back in one piece!

    ReplyDelete