Wednesday, June 17, 2009

If I Were a Rich woMAN


Today started out wonderfully! I got a promotion to become an official assistant starting on June 30th. I am very excited and am thrilled to get the opportunity to learn. Unfortunately Scott is having a hard time with work. He only has two employees and he's been working more than the healthy amount. I think he's just burnt out and feels bad that he can never be home with me. But, I have come to the realization that I will never be a rich woman in the sense of having the mansion and lexus, and I am very okay with that. I am however a rich woman because I have a wonderful husband, and that's all I need. I don't need a big house or a nice car. People need relationships not things. We came here with nothing, and there's no way that your bmw is going with you to heaven... Pretty sure God doesn't want anything to do with your things. It's a good lession to learn that you work to survive, not to buy buy buy. I think we all lose site of that, and we all need to be tugged back in at times. Once we have bills paid off, my hope is for us to strictly buy things that we need not splurge on things that are no necessary.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet post and very true! We are rich woMEN, indeed! You are a star.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just a little more than pretty sure you are right. Now, the trick will be for you to keep on believing what you said is true, cuz it is! And you are!

    ReplyDelete