Friday, June 19, 2009

Nightmare

Last night I was sound asleep in my bed, and than at midnight I wake up screaming bloody murder to an awful noise that sounds like guns shooting off and I finally open my eyes and to my surprise I have an Olive garden bag to my right, George (my cat) on my right, and Scott's very large scared eyes staring at me asking, "Are you okay?" George had gotten up on the counter tops (big no no) gotten his head stuck IN the Olive Garden brown paper bag, apparently got freaked out and some how ran into our bedroom onto our bed out of panic and scratched Scott's leg up on the way there. I did not think this situation was very funny till about 10 o'clock this morning. After the terryfying awakening it started to rain and lightening... I still couldn't quite comprehend the whole situation last night either. I felt like I had been attacked, and I guess my feelings were really hurt about the whole situation because I started to cry after everything thinking that something awful had just happened to me? I don't think my heart has ever beat that fast, even when I played soccer in the hott summers. Why is is that when something like this happens you're feelings get hurt? Or maybe it's just me? I don't even know what I was thinking last night? There was some odd thought stuck in my head that I had no only just been insulted but by a feline? Maybe it's the pregnancy hormones? I didn't see the humor in this story til I told my co-workers, and they thought it was hilarious and than slowly I started to realize how funny it actually was. I mean think about it, a cat had gotten stuck in a paper bag... than some how found his way to my room and my bed, scratched my husbands leg, and ripped the bag in half as well. That is pretty funny especially when it happens to you. I guess it just teaches you the lesson to not always feel so insulted when something happens to you, and to step back in see the humor or the good in it. Not like this experience was tramatic or anything but why not apply this to real life. At work if you feel so insulted by something someone said why not just take the good from it rather than ruining it all by just taking the bad? I know it's easier said than done but it's something to think about, don't you think?

3 comments:

  1. How funny! Poor George! Bad George! YOU are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. for sure easier said than done yet either way, whether I choose to do it or not, your words are truth!

    ReplyDelete