Sunday, January 31, 2010

Winding Down... or maybe Up?


Last night, I put Sam to sleep about 8:30, than Scott got home about 10. Sam was fast asleep, and Scott and I lay down about 10:30 to go to sleep. Scott is instantly out...me? I have a little trouble getting to sleep ever since Sam was born. First, the baby monitor is VERY loud but it has to be so if something is wrong with Sam I can hear her. Then, my brain has been running running all day, that it's hard for me to just stop thinking and go to sleep. All the sudden all these great ideas come to me, and I can't help but to think about them all. Like last night for example - I started to think about Baby book ideas, and all these cool things I can do! I'm sure tonight it's going to be really hard because I'll be thinking about tomorrow and everything that I am going to have to do. Ay yai yai... How do you get your brain to wind down quicker? It's a chore every night. I have to try and slow my breathing, than void out the baby monitor sounds, and lastly shut my brain off? Hmmm.. crossing my fingers!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you first day back is restful, peaceful, and good all around. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck shutting your brain off! Tough task. Focusing on Jesus is the only think that I have found gives me peace. Love you, miss you!

    ReplyDelete