Friday, January 29, 2010

Anxious


Look at how cute little miss Sam was newly out of the womb! I can't help but smile at that chubby face! I'm rocking away while Sam naps in her little crib. Last night she slept very well, and it made for a better morning. I wake up like a small child on Christmas morning every morning because I get to run in and see her cute face! She's always in such a good mood after a fresh diaper and a nice warm bottle. She is willing to give out smiles and coos, which make me so happy! It's amazing how quick babies grow! I mean Sam was sleeping all the time a month and a half ago, and interacting? There wasn't much... Now she smiles, gives short laughs, plays in her cousins rainforest play mat, and she even likes to stand, and Scott likes to think she likes to watch football. As much as the growing is so much fun, it does make me an ounce sad that she will never be that big again... Everyone always said that I would miss being pregnant, and I didn't believe them but now I understand. The connection you have with your sweet baby when they're in the womb is something I learned the treasure only after she was born. This does not change our plans of waiting three years before having another child due to the simple fact that I am one angry pregnant woman and do not handle that stress well, but I am already looking forward to these days again. Even though the long nights of Scott being gone were terrible, I still can look back on that time and smile because of the time I got to spend with Sam. I am returning to work on Monday - and I am so excited for many reasons. I am excited to be back in action, I'm excited to see how I feel about Sam being at Scott's parent's house, I'm excited to see how Scott does for the two days he is alone with her, and I am excited for this process to finally get underway. The past three months, I've been dreading going back to work, and I'm glad that the first day is almost here and than soon will be over with. Although there is lots of drama at work, I am excited to see how much I've changed after having a child. A whole new way of life is about to begin and I am excited to see how it will unfold. I am also excited for Scott to get some alone time with Samantha without me breathing down his neck about doing things a certain way. My way is not always the right way, and I think he'll be happy to be able to get to know Sam without Mama Bear watching his every move! As much as I love being Mom, I am a little excited to get a break from it. I guess having such a small little human depending on me and only me has made me a little stir crazy. I mean don't get me wrong I love it, but it'll be nice to have Scott be the main care taker for two days, and I can breath a little bit and take on some different responsibilities. I am a busy body, and keeping my mind busy is something I like to do. I am excited for when Sam gets a little bigger and we can do more things. I am especially excited for summer when I can bring her out more and she can get some fresh air! I am also looking forward to the vit. D that I can get. BLACH so sick of the snow and gloomy weather! Can't wait for pretty flowers, green grass, and trees! Having the door creaked open wouldn't be bad either! I'm sure George and Lina are looking forward to it as well. I do love my little home but one complaint I do have is that Sam's room has a lot of noise! Even if you are very quiet, you can still here every breath you take! Oh well, I guess it'll just be an adjustment! I have a busy month ahead of me! Back to work.... Clara's 1st Bday, Kelli's Bday, Sophie's 3rd Bday, Valentines Day, and just getting used the new schedule. I am excited for what lays ahead for our little family! Gotta run, Lina is trying to disrupt the peace...

1 comment: