Monday, January 11, 2010

Me


My Mom and I always talk about how on facebook, people always put pictures of them that don't look anything like them. They have pictures where they are all done up and fancied... NOT REALISTIC. So, I've decided to take a stand on facebook phonies, and put a picture up that describes me... I am a Dork, not a "cool kid". I liked to think that I was a cool kid in high school, but now I can't help thinking what a waste of time! REALLY! Who cares about high school now. I have a lot more to show for my life now than I did than. I know this is much easier said than done, but who cares if anyone thinks you are pretty, cute, funny, popular, or anything else. Really, doesn't it only matter that your family knows who you really are. Or does it really matter if the rest of the world finds your enchanting? Yes, I'm sure we all take it as a compliment if someone says you look good or what not but maybe we need to focus on the good in everyone's heart. Maybe we should try not to focus on weight or your color of hair. I know it's very easy to judge other people, but don't you think we would all be much happy if we didn't focus on others so much and focus on the inner beauty of yourself and others? Rejoice in your family not in your make up or hair products. Don't get me wrong, who doesn't like to get "dooted" up and feel pretty, but maybe we focus on it a little too much. Maybe focusing on being healthy in body and spirit would be the best for us as the people. Maybe give it a shot, when people walk by and you start to judge their appearence, maybe stop yourself and say a prayer for that person instead. NO NO not a prayer because you think they are ugly or stout, a prayer for them to have a good day or a prayer for them to see Him. Keep your mind positive instead of dark like I usually do. Maybe try and see the good in people instead of the obvious! EH?

3 comments: