Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Little Bit of Peace


Scott is off to work and will return tired and defeated for the day while I am sitting in my quiet home... well the washer and dryer are running wild and Sam's rocking chair is singing its' sweet tune, but my definition of quiet was soon altered when I had little Samantha. The past two days I've actually gotten to do some reading while little Miss Sam is sleeping. It's always nice to have some time to do what you love. If I get too busy and have no time to just stop and think I feel like a can full of trash. I just need to empty out and process sometimes, and now I've learned to appreciate it much more. Work is creeping up on my slowly. I am excited to be back in action but also a little sad that I will be leaving sweet little Rose. I am confident in my decision to go back to work though because it will provide our family will a lot. It will be nice for Scott to have two days alone with Sam. It has helped me learn a lot and I'm sure it will do that Same for SMC. George and Lina are adapting well to SRC, and now it is normal to have her around. Last night was a Zoo... We celebrated my sweet oldest brother's 29th Birthday while celebrating my cousin Laura visiting. Cadence and Sophie had their usual confrontation, this time it was about a pretty red head barbie doll, Finn trucked around minding his own business, Clara grunted,smiled, and hid her face in her Mama's shoulder when she got bashful, and Samantha sat in people's arms with the occasional Fuss. Let's just say by the end of the event, I was tired from just watching it! I have to give a lot of credit to the parents for dealing with it, I just kind of watched from a distance! Even through the mess though, I love those babies so much :) I'm on the birth control pill and I have to say it's making me feel a little bit looney bin-ish, and I am kinda of thinking about throwing them out! I feel like a witch on her broom at times (as ginx would say). Scott and I fell asleep on the couch last night while Sam rocked away, then I woke her to eat one last time before she went down for the night, she fussed occasionally but went back to sleep within five minutes each time. When morning came she was bright eyed and eager to have her bottle and some interaction time with her Daddy. Mornings are precious, you're fully rested, ready for the day, and it's when I am able to give my full attention to everything. I have realized I am much like good Ol' Gandolf (Dad) lately. I like to clean, to have a clean house is the ultimate peace! Last night I was feeling a bit overwelmed, and it would have been nice to be able to call my Papa and talk to him about my troubled mind, but he is off in Japan serving, and I will anxiously await his return tomorrow. When I was younger my Dad was the Bad Cop, and I did not talk to him much, but now as I get older I find myself wanting to talk to him, and wanting to be around him. He has great words of wisdom to share, and seems to think the same way I do sometimes. Anyways, I am rambling now... I must sit down for a few minutes of peace in my brain. Maybe next Saturday I'll do a pink post like Ginx?

2 comments: