Saturday, March 19, 2011

Cookies, Broken Dishwasher, and Happy Taxes?


About three days ago - our dishwasher started to give off a funny yet unpleasant scent. The verdict you ask??? No - not a burnt Sam spoon or a burnt Sam cup.... some gizmo or other burnt up inside the old machine. So - Scott and I went off to Sears and bought a new dishwasher. The Sales Guy was a little too excited for my taste. I don't think he realized that usually when people are coming to get a new appliance, it's because they're old was broke. Rarely is it a happy day to get a new ExPeNsIvE kitchen thing. Anyways - I kept looking at this elderly gentleman's wedding ring - and thinking, "How does this woman not smother this man in his sleep???" Thank goodness Scott was there - I was able to dilly-dally into the stoves and refrigerator section to get a break from Mr. Excitable. We walked out 850 dollars later with a delivery date of Tuesday... Handwashing for the next couple of days... BOO!

So - after the depressing moment of spending a lot of money - we had the pleasure of going to get our taxes done by Scott's very nice Aunt Pam. We were assuming with all the talk around that we were going to owe money... We "slunk" into H&R Block, and discovered a magical, magical thing..... 3,500.00 big smack-a-roos back! I think Scott and I were skipping with joy to the car. Well - having to buy a new dishwasher turned into now such a bad thing! A side note - I am not saying Scott's aunt is very nice because she got us money back - I liked her before ;)

Scott has had three interviews with dish network - and it sounds pretty promising to us. So, we are crossing our fingers for this job. It's more money a year (5,000 more) and 3 day weekends!! I think it'll be good for Scott to get this job - that is out of retail. A nice profession to slip into. Although- they are open year round - which stinks, but I guess sooner or later - EVERYONE will be open on holidays. Bummer.

I made some delicious Pork Enchiladas last night for ourselves and the Park Pep Squad (Mii did not eat any - rude!). Than tonight - I decided that I would take a big step and do my first "from scratch" baking. The end result is up top - They are pretty darn good - not as good as grannies but they work for us at the moment! Yum yum with milk! Okay - off I go..
Xoxo
JRC

3 comments:

  1. You stop taking pictures of delicious cookies, swan. I had one from Mrs. Field's today at the mall, but it didn't look as tasty as yours. I think I'll start calling you Betty (you know, Crocker). :)
    YAHOO for big money, big money back in taxes! Let's go to Disneyland. :) Without the kids. Oh wait...
    "Slunk" made me laugh. Isn't that from the Grinch? Remember when you had his outgoing message as your outgoing message "if you dare utter a single word, I'll HUNT YOU DOWN AND GUT YOU LIKE A FISH..."? LOL
    Please keep blogging. I like reading it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! Your cookies did turn out great. You are funny, J. Mr. Excitable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun stuff, with cookies! Sorry for the dishwasher loss, but a good tax return shores it all up, doesn't it? Love you tons.

    ReplyDelete