Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Joy of a Baby


Every day is different with a baby, no day is the same. If you want to get into a routine, you might as well give up now. Sam is so much fun every day. I've learned that days when she is fussy and I wish she slept more aren't much different from the days that Sam sleeps all day because I sit up worrying if she is sleeping too much. With Motherhood, there isn't much "restful" days but somehow you find it in you to keep going and you don't keep going with anger, you are still happy when you are running on empty. I am happy to wake up at three a.m. to feed Sam. I'll take any excuse to get up and hold her. When you're pregnant you don't think about the "after" pregnancy stuff, like feedings, diapers, crawling, walking, talking, and all that fun stuff. It may be hard at times but it is so worth it. Having Sam has brought Scott and I closer together. We seem to have a lot of respect for each other. Him for me in the fact that I am the Mother of his child and am taking care of her, while I have Respect for him for what a good Father he is and how hard he works for our family. Now a second child? Prob not for a few years. I'm not a good pregnant woman, I would like to enjoy my time with Sam and hopefully get to work from home while doing so. Time does go by fast, the first month felt like a week, so we will see how fast the next 18 years go by.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, motherhood brings great thoughts, amazing insights. YOU are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a rockin' mama. Don't let guilt ruin your days. Trust in Jesus and enjoy His little precious gift to you!

    ReplyDelete