Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Unbelievable


Laying with little Samantha Rose every morning is such a blessing. She usually awakes around 4:45 or 5 to have some early morning breakfast, and than after I turn on the TV, lay our little Rosebud on my chest and lay down for a little while than after she falls asleep again I lay her next to me. I never knew that just simply laying next to this little body of life could be so rewarding. The other day I was thinking about how my love for Sam is very intimidating to me. I never thought it would be possible to love someone so much and honestly it scares me a little bit. Wow, I didn't know I was capable of this. I'm adjusting, and I value Sam and I's time together. Listening to her little breath or getting a "wif" of her soft milky breath makes me smiles. Watching Scott grow as a father has been a pretty remarkable journey as well. To watch his eyes light up when he walks in the door or to listen to him talk to her has made me realize what an excellent choice I have made! I think having little Rose has brought Scott and I closer together as well. After delivering Sam, Scott told me how proud he was of me, and how he was in aw of of my natural ability of being a mother. When he said this to me, I really didn't know how to respond. Probably the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me. Scott has been a great father and has been an incredible husband through all this. How lucky we both are.

3 comments:

  1. She's so lovely! You ARE an awesome mama and you DID pick a winner in SMC! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl. Children are a wonderful adventure. You are a great mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see your little eskimo more, and yes yo made a pretty darn good choice with Scott!

    ReplyDelete