Friday, August 21, 2009

Root Canals & Temp Crowns

Last night I woke up in a "huff" because I remembered that tomorrow would be the first day I assist with a full root canal. Intimidated? Yes, very much so. It was relieving though to have a friend/coworker by my side to walk me through it along with the doctor. Final Outcome? It was a lot easier than I thought! I felt really good about it all... Yes, there were hiccups at times but it went very well! I also made not one but two temporary crowns on this patient as well on teeth # 7 and 10 which are the two teeth beside your front top teeth. I felt very good about those as well, and felt successful. I've learned that it is very helpful to have the assistant help me rather than the Doc. No offense to the Dr.s, but the Assts. seem to know how to explain things better and the Docs. are also in a hurry. So, yes I feel much more comfortable with "Endo" (Root Canals) now, and I feel that I have great potential with this practice. My Dad just recently had a root canal, and I have to say it is more interesting to me now that I know exactly what happened. I never thought that teeth would be something I would be interested in. I guess God smacked me in the face with a future because I know that if it weren't for the cleaning I went in for that one November afternoon, I would not have ever though about going into Dentistry. But, boy am I glad that that's where I fell! Today, we hired a new EDDA Asst. and although I didn't get to talk to her much, she seems like she will be a great piece to our team. I am bummed that she will be replacing a friend though, so that transition will be hard. I think I am getting a cold because my throat is a little sore but hopefully some rest, vit. c, netti pot, and nasal spray can help me recover quickly. Tomorrow I am going appartment shopping to help a coworker/friend out. Hopefully we find something around Aurora and by work. We'll keep our fingers crossed! Time for Sam and I to lay down... Night

2 comments:

  1. Hello my little tooth fairy! I'm so proud of you! Yes, keep the "feet ups" going! Little Sam is so treasured already! xopp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! You are a rock star. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete