Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Sweet Getaway in FlipFlops



Oh, how round I look in this picture... But, Sam looks cute so I guess it will make the blog! This was from Fourth of July weekend when I had asked Scott to pack my running shoes... Am I wearing running shoes in this picture? No :) Scott forgot and grabbed Sam an extra Water Cup instead. On the way down from the hike, Scott said he was fearing for his life at some points - as I slipped and skidded down the rocks in my Old Navy Flip Flops! It will be a fun story to tell, and I had a good laugh about it on the way home. I've learned that you never ask your husband to pack something very important :0) That would be my job!

This Summer has been enjoyable - yet stressful. Scott's job isn't ideal. His hours are cruddy and we don't see much of him when a co-worker takes two weeks vacation. Sam and I try to stay busy but there are only so many hours I can stand sitting at the Tinkerbelle table looking like Billy Madison did when he is drawing the blue duck in the First Grade, and coloring with Crayons. Sam gets creative and moves on to the couch and walls while I'm not looking... So I guess that spices my days up a bit! I have been working a lot. I love my new job, but I've discovered that no matter how much I love my job... I still really want to be a stay at home mom who has the option of working part time but doesn't have to. Scott is considering going back to school in the Spring, so maybe there is a light at the end of the working mom tunnel?? Maybe a couple more years of work and than I can hang up my dental assistant lab jacket?? We will see. Right now, that feels really far away.

Getting sleepy eyed, and have work tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. That is a very cute picture! We went to Estes Park a couple weeks ago and I lost my crocs in the river, so Brad let me where his flip flops as we walked down main street and he went barefoot. Shoes are a tricky thing.:) Where did you go on your vacation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutest family photos! It was so good to see you last saturday. I love you so much. Light at the end of the tunnel for a Mommy who works! Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what cute photos! I love yoos guys.

    ReplyDelete