Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Wonderful Life of a Hormonal Woman

If you are a woman, you notice weird ups and down that come during at certain times of the month. Let's take the beginning of the cycle. You're cranky, tired, achy, and bloated. The week after you are so exhausted and cranky. The third week you are feeling great, recovered, and more energy. Than, the week before you are back to cranky and tired... So, you're telling me we have ONE week out of the month to feel good?? What is all this about? Maybe, men would understand more if they went through it for a couple of months. After, running the 5k... I wanted to sleep all day today. I just could not get enough sleep.... I wake up from a nap and want to go right back to sleep. Fall asleep again, than when Sam starts to wake up, I had to really force myself to open my eyes. I always get bummed when I don't fully have the energy to give to Sam. Makes going back to work that week a little bit more difficult. Tomorrow, Sam and I will venture off to the Parker Pool with a friend from my old job. Hopefully, I have a bit more energy. I am not a person who handles a lot of events well. When I have a jam packed month where my weekends are booked up, I get stressed and angry. I'm more of a spur of the moment type person. Wake up... lets go to the mall today or I think I'll call my mom or sister to hang out.... Not much of a planner in that way. Tonight, we had Scott's Brother, his wife, and my nephew Ryan over for Taco Salad and Brats. It was fun. Sam ran around with Ryan and laughed a lot. She also ate a couple Chocolate Covered Strawberries.. Yum ;) I do like to entertain from time to time. But, the social aspect does make me tired. Today, Sam gave me a scary gift. You see, she usually likes to take the lady bugs out of her water table and give them to me.... Well, today I hear, "Here ya go Mama..." I look over and she has a HUGE bumble bee perched on her finger! I scream and knock the bee of her hand. Sam looks at me confused and starts to cry... Not because the bee stung her (because he didn't) but because she thought I was yelling at her... Oh, the world of a innocent mind. Well, my eyes are closing slowly... off to bed

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Sammers! How cute that she liked that bumble bee! I hope you have fun at the pool! Sam will like that. You are a good entertainer, Rose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I'm the same way. Too busy = sadness and frustration. I love you tremendously!
    xoxo - brad

    ReplyDelete