Sunday, August 28, 2011

Miserable Lunch Date

Today - we had to privilege of going out to lunch.... or not. Sam is at a VERY hard age. We go to sit down, and I am already expecting this to be nothing less than stressful. The nice lady asks, "Do you want a booster seat?" Sure! Even though I am very aware that the amount of time Sam will spend in this chair is minimal. Yup - I guessed it - Sam was saying "out, out, out, out" Fine... we let her out and let her jump around outside of out booth. I'm to the point where, whatever - as long as she is not screaming... I'm ok with this. Scott was cranky for the get go - and lost his temper (which normally it's me whom does so..). Scott's yelling at Sam, than I stop him and calmly explain that it isn't helping... OH BROTHER! Did I make a HUGE mistake in doing so. I guess Scott wasn't in the mood to be corrected :). Later on down misery lunch lane.... Scott apologizes to Sam.... and that's it... Hmmmm, men are interesting people aren't they??? I'm sitting there like, "HELLO!!!!! Your wife is sitting here awaiting your apology for acting like a goon!" Lesson learned for the day??? DO NOT GO OUT IN PUBLIC - AT ALL with a 22 month old.... Not worth the fighting with her, not worth the fighting with your spouse, and not worth the 20 bucks you are spending on lunch. Our eating out days are coming to an end soon anyway cause Scott will be returning to School, and we will be poor folk... maybe it's the Lord telling us we need to wait till Sam is old enough to behave. The icing on the cake you ask??? Well, Scott and I got in the car before coming to lunch and guess what?!?! Yup - my car wasn't starting ( probably why Scott wasn't thrilled at lunch)... Luckily, I have a husband who is very efficient with getting things taken care of and is fixing my car as we speak! Another good thing about Scott is he is quick to apologized when asked to do so, and quick to snap back into a decent mood. He has every right to be cranky sometimes... Trust me my cranky times are much more common than his. So - for the rest of the day, we will stay inside while Crankpot Sam naps and tromps around our home. We were invited to a birthday party - but I think I'm going to wave my white flag and save everyone at the party some grief - and keep my monster home for the evening! Plus - my car probably won't be drivable by then! Thanks for Listening!

4 comments:

  1. Yes, kids can be very stressful and embarrassing in public, sometimes. Way to tough it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woof! Those meals out with uncooperative toddlers are the pits. Fortunately kids grow up faster than trees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, not in the LEAST bit fun to go out to eat with a 22 month old. And really, not even very fun until they're three (at the earliest). Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle. Sigh...
    You are ALWAYS welcome to bring that bamalamb over to our house while you and Scott grab lunch somewhere around here. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha Rose! You are cute!
    Sammers will enjoy lunch dates some day! For now, she is too cute for words.

    ReplyDelete