Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Patience


"A patient man has great understanding."
Proverbs 14:29
Unfortunately, patience is not something that runs through my veins. I guess Scott got that part in our marriage. I've never been patient. My family will tell you I don't wait till my Birthday for gifts, I don't wait for tables when dining out well, and I do not like to wait for Scott to come home in rush hour traffic. So, these past couple of weeks have been a challenge. Don't get me wrong, I am glad that I am not working and enjoying the time off. But, it took me awhile to find things to fill me day. Yes, most the day consists of napping with Lina on my cozy bed, but I've learned to not be such a busy body, and let things wait. For instance, if there is a pile of dishes, I will not wake up at 6 in the morning to do them. I am slowly becoming okay with letting them sit till' mid day. The best thing for me right now is to be resting because once Sam comes, I will not be resting all that much. I guess I've become more okay with waiting for labor to begin. Maybe it's the fact that having a screaming baby in my arms scares me a little bit. Don't get me wrong, I am beyond excited to have her here, but I can wait for that moment. I'm not sure right now if being pregnant for two more weeks is more of an irritating thought than going through a long labor. Tomorrow is my 38 week appt. and it's when they decided if they are going to to induce me on Monday or not. I don't really know what I am hoping for. Part of my wants them to say YEAH Let's do it! and part of me wants them to tell me that I should wait for natural labor. I guess my fate will be decided tomorrow. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck. Patience is a virtue that doesn't grow naturally in any of us. I think it comes (at least in part) from realizing that the Lord has given us everything we need for the current moment, and just contenting ourselves in that. Praying you have a wonderful visit and the peace of patience of Christ guards your heart today (Col. 3:15, Phil. 4:6-7, 1 Peter 5:7). Big love!

    ReplyDelete