Sunday, November 1, 2009

Avoiding Negative People


Your sin prompts your mouth;
you adopt the tongue of the crafty.
Your own mouth condemns you, not mine; your own lips testify against you.
-Job 15:5-6


Sometimes work seems really easy and other times I dread going in. This week I have to work with a different assistant and she isn't the best team player. She seems to have the common problem of talking about anyone and everyone to anyone who will listen. She often feels sorry for herself as well. This leaves me in the situation of not knowing how to handle it. Naturally I get angry and want to lash out on her, but if I sit there and think about it for a little then I realize that getting angry about the way she acts isn't going to help me at all. It is only going to make me more angry and prevent me from working my hardest. So tonight on the way home, I was realizing how angry I was getting about this next week, and how it was ruining my night? How stupid is it to let someone like that ruin my night. Why not take the approach of she is digging her own hole and there is not reason to dig with her. Why not just take the issues as they come and take a deep breath and realize that I only have to work with her for two days and then I will be home free. Instead of letting her negativity ruin my night/day, why not stand up and just go with the flow and keep a positive note... You never know it may rub off on her as well? I know sometimes I'm not the "peachiest" person to work with so maybe if she sees me just keeping my head in work and not being negative, she'll follow. I guess the real test will be this week.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you have a happy week, not an angry one. I think Sundays are hard - realizing we have to get back in the game. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete