Monday, November 2, 2009

A Creature of Habit



"I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go... I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you," says the Lord.
-Genesis 28:15
Why is it that we all become creatures of habit in some way? I mean for me it feels good to have my habits. Is it a safe zone for us or is it more like a sense of escape to your own world... or maybe both? I know that when I'm our room by myself I feel that it's my escape to find myself. While I'm work it's busy all the time and I have a walkie talkie in my ear all day, then when I come home I look forward to being able to catch up with Scott on how his day went, but then I like to have my alone time. I remember when I was younger, I looked forward to bed where I would have "Jenny Time" and I would gather all my thoughts and sort through how I felt about things, and I always felt so relieved the next morning. Somehow though I lost the ability to have "Jenny Time", and it was not until recently that I figured out how to do it again. Usually Scott is not tired enough to come to bed with me so I come in our room while he watches TV, and get the privlege of sorting through my thoughts for the day or even just getting to know myself a little better. I think that everyone needs to take time not only to know Jesus but to know yourself better. When I get to just sit and think, I seem to rationalize a lot better and figure out things a lot easier. I used to only grab the bible or a devotional when I was struggling to find an answer, but than I learned that the more I just try to learn and devote my life to Him, the more I get to know myself, and the more I feel more comfort in Him. So, sometimes I wonder is it bad that I am so attached to my 1/2 hour a night by myself where I pop open my computer and sit with Lina? I'm guessing that the answer is no. As long as your habit includes getting to know yourself and Jesus better, I think your headed down the right path. The hard part is is keeping honest and truthful with yourself? A Challenge?

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes. I cherish my alone time. I need it. You have to take it when you can!
    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete