Monday, October 5, 2009

A Thankful Heart






"The wise are glad to be instructed, but babbling fools fall flat on their faces."
-Proverbs 10:8-

Today was my first 11.5 hour day, and it went very well. I've learned that the most I just listen and smile and take in as much as I can, the better my day goes. I watch people fight instruction, and they just seem to be leaving a lot more discontent than I am. The more that I am willing to listen, the more people are willing to teach me. Only being twenty years old, I feel that I have matured a lot through this job, and learned a lot about myself, and a lot through others. Today, when I got home, Scott was making dinner, and Lina was eagerly awaiting my homecoming. It felt so nice to come home to a sweet husband and an eager pet after a day of work. It's amazing how much a "Thank you" can do for a person. Before I sat down to do my blogging, I did the dishes, and Scott came up to me, kissed me, and said Thanks for the doing the dishes... It made me smile, and feel truly appreciated. It makes me realize that telling people Thanks for doing little things really goes a long way. Maybe that's what all the angry people at work are missing? Maybe no one has thanked them for doing something lately... Maybe there is something going on at home perhaps? I've learned not to pry when people are angry but rather just smile at them and listen to them. Maybe everyone just needs a pat on the back every once in awhile?

1 comment:

  1. I think so. I love the image of Lena Beana the eager pet, waiting for you at the door.

    ReplyDelete