Sunday, October 4, 2009

Luke 24:38-39

"Why are you frightened?" he asked. "Why are your hearts filled with doubt? Look at my hands. Look at my feet. You can see that it's really me. Touch me and make sure that I am not a ghost, because ghosts don't have bodies, as you see that I do."
A common problem that I have in my life is fearing everything possible. It's been a bad habit since I was little. Fearing the worst, and never really hoping for the best. I always obsess about everything bad that is possible and even things that are pretty impossible. It reminds me of the "Betta" on the movie My Girl. She thinks that she has every disease including prostate cancer because she is so terrified of death. I catch myself always worrying about things that will end my life... But a question that I don't usually ask myself is why am I so terrified of death...? If I die I go to heaven... what is wrong with that? That is eternal bliss? Shouldn't I be content with whatever happens and knowing that it is his plan not mine. A common fear lately is what if I catch H1N1 and die, and never get to see my first born child. Sometimes I even wake up in a sweat about it, and can't get back to sleep... Why don't I ever tell myself that that is his plan, and I will never know his plan so there is nothing I can really do to stop the road I have mapped out for me. Sometimes I even admitting to myself that if I wasn't worrying about this, I would be worrying about something else. Is that a way to live your life? Shouldn't you be sucking up every last drop of joy you can instead of obsessing about the negative? So the question I need to ask myself is, "Why am I frightened? Why is my heart filled with doubt?" I need to to trust in him and his plans and spend my time how ever long it may be enjoying life. Now, here comes the hard part... believing and trusting.

3 comments:

  1. ha ha ha... You are in His field of Vision

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it seems the best way to think and live! Knowing Jesus is the ultimate good, the only good we can know on earth. Love Him and live. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, girlie . . . I love you so much. You are my little worry wart, but you see and hear HIS love for you. You do.

    ReplyDelete