Saturday, July 23, 2011

Where's the Off Button??






Why am I up, you ask? Well, yesterday I ran a 5k for underwareness... Now, you ask... Did you train for this? No.... out of pure arrogance, I wanted to beat or finish at the same time as my boss because she runs on a normal basis. I think she slowed down with me to be nice, and knew it would be fun for me to finish with her. So, yes I ran it... My sister asked if my heart stopped at some point... My guess would be yes! The first mile was a breeze... The second mile lasted forever, and the last mile.2 lasted a little shorted because I think I was starting to slip. But, I can proudly say I did not join the lady laying on the ground whom I asked if she was alive.... So, yes I finished a 5k in 37 minutes. When I looked up what a good time for a 5k was... it was much lower than that number! I have to say it inspired me and I will be running another 5k in September... I will train a little bit more before hand and try to beat my time of 37 minutes by 2 minutes. Have you seen those cool toe shoes? Well, the run is based off of those, so I hope I can convince Scott to let me make that purchase. He's hesitant at the time because I just purchased some North Face Flip Flops that I had to have. I'll work on him. OH! I'm sorry I forgot where I was going with my first couple of sentences. Anyways, I am up because I slept all day to try and recover from my delirious run. I lay in bed trying to fall asleep but random thoughts keep running through my hampster brain. Tonight we drove Sam to a park so she could get some energy out. There were two boys there, they weren't speaking to each other... just wondering around.. I asked one of them, "Do you want us to leave, are you waiting for us to leave??" He replied.. No... I asked the normal stranger questions, age? school? Than why are you here? Anyway it eventually came down to these two boys were from a group home near by and wanted to get out of the house, I guess... So sad. Two boys not speaking to each other just coming to a near by park to sit. The middle school boy followed the highschool boy around. I wonder what happened, and what these boys can do. Of course, after they left, I sat there and wanted to cry because I felt so bad for them. If only they had someone to talk to... Scott shakes his head at my a lot because I talk to strangers and I probably make them uncomfortable.. But, who is to say that that boy didn't need someone to talk to. I'm not stupid, I know better than to do so when My husband isn't around. But, I'll ask someone who looks lonely how their day is going or create conversation if it will make them feel better. Gotta Run

3 comments:

  1. I hope you get the toe shoes and train well for your next run, J.
    Oh, that's sad about the boys at the park. I'm glad you talked to them. LOVE you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know a couple people with those toe shoes. Very funny looking. Take a picture of your feet in them if you get them! Good luck on the next race and way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love those Five Fingers. Very cool stuff. Run, Jenny, run!

    ReplyDelete