Saturday, April 23, 2011

It's Been A Long Time....






I love how Sam is resting her head on her hand. She is watching Kung Fu Panda... One of her top 2 favorite movies. I like the movie because it reminds me of Brad. I don't know why but Jack Black Humor always reminded me of Brad. Sam loves it because there is a lot of "Hiii YA!" She thinks Poe is very funny and entertaining. Sorry it's been so long. We had a week of the Flu, and I flew off to Houston, Texas to help open a Surgery Center for Medicaid patients. I've been very tired.
This is when Sam had the flu. She was the first to get it. It was so sad to wake up to a pukey crib. Poor thing was shaking and sleepy eyed. One night she cried for 2 hours. Thank Goodness Jesus was looking out for her and she fell fast asleep after that. All I could keep asking was.... Lord, give me strength to not start crying. Lord, give her peace.... Scott was having a very hard time and wanted to take Sam to the hospital... Such a silly dad. The Lord did give me strength and helped keep Scott calm. She just was pukey and tired. She recovered well!


In case you were wondering - Sam is eating a banana. It has turned into morning tradition. Milk and a banana that she can walk around with... she usually eats the whole thing. After Sam had recovered, I started to feel the effects of the flu in Houston. Riding in a bumpy airplane with your boss while you have the runs is not my cup of tea. He was nice enough to offer to buy my Imodium... Lol - that might go on my top ten most embarrassing moments list. I got home, and went straight to bed. I lost 9 lbs and I guess that is not good? My doctor told me to go to the ER to get an IV bag. I must admit, I felt rather silly sitting in the ER with an IV bag hooked to my arm and I only had the flu. My brother in law was very nice and brought me to the ER. I guess - no matter how irritated I get with the in-laws... they are all very nice people. Chad even called me two days later to see how I was feeling. I guess I hit the jack pot for in laws, huh? Why didn't Scott bring me? HE GOT A JOB! He had his first week this week, and is loving it. He will be working four days a week and hopefully have three days off with Sam and I! I guess, everything happens for a reason.

Yes, yes we purchased a swing set. Have we given this a second thought? Yes - see, the problem with the swing set is...well, she NEVER wants to stop. When I take the straps off and bring the harness down... She yells NO!! and tries to use her feet to kick it back up into position. She could seriously swing for hours. Do you see her snazzy new shoes? They are Garanimals! I have to admit the Velcro makes me giggle a little bit. She clomps around like a old man.

Sam and I met Kristen and the baby she nannies at the park. Sam was very excited to have a new friend. So excited that she decided to feed her new friend. Sam would take a bite out of every french fry and than hand it off to Quincy. Such a nice friend... for now. Tomorrow is Easter, and I am sad because I was really excited about Sam's Basket about a month ago. I got sick when we went shopping for Easter - so I just grabbed what I could and ran out the door. Poor Sam - she is getting a crappy basket this year. Hopefully I make up for it next year. I am feeling much better now. I had to work today - so I am just very tired. I should go get some sleep for all the big festivities tomorrow. Happy Easter if I fail at blogging for a couple of weeks again!
XoXo
JRC

4 comments:

  1. Hi JRC!
    Happy Easter to you!
    Glad you are blogging again!
    LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great post! I had no idea all that had happened. Poor sick Sam, I am so glad she is better. And you too! Being dehydrated is not fun at all. I am very glad you guys are feeling better. And, congratulations on Scott's job! It sounds like he will have a much nicer schedule. It sounds like your little family is doing great. I am so glad. Thank you for sharing, Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our shoes look great on Sam. And we find velcro giggle-worthy too. Glad to hear that the flu has left your house, it sounded pretty rough.

    Since you are a natural Garanimals fan I thought I would tell you that we are on Facebook and Twitter and have a fun new blog. Check us out, we'd really like to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry you got so sick. That is just no fun at all. And IV bags are the pits. I am glad that Kung-Fu Panda makes you think of me, I have always wanted to be Pooh Bear, so Kung-Fu Panda isn't a far cry from my goal!

    I love you sissy, and love to read your blog posts. See you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete