Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A Change in Plans

Once again, Scott and I are left with a situation in which we do not know what is next for us. All we really know is that Samantha Rose will be here by December, and that we have each other. Isn't that all that really matters? Last night, I get a call from Scott who is on his way home, and I ask him, "What's up?" And all Scott can say is, "Nothing good..." sounding very defeated. GameCrazy is closing half their stores in the nation, and all though Scott's store is one of the few that is staying open, someone with more experience and longer history with the company will be taking the store. To my surprise, I wasn't too "freaked out"... Every time we've been in this situation, we've been well taken care of, so I trust that something will happen to where we can survive. We've lived a pretty sweet life since Scott got his job @ Gamecrazy. We didn't have to think much about what we bought or what we were doing... So maybe this is a good thing? Maybe we needed to be "reigned" in a little bit. Some of Scott and I's happiest times were the times when we had no money and we're at home just enjoying each other. So, what's the plan for now? Scott will apply for unemployment while looking for a job, and we will get by. Yes, we do have Sam on the way, but the good news is her room is almost done, and we may even have some to spare which will result in some returns. Scott does seem defeated, but he seems very comforted in the fact that he has a family to come home to, and not any disappointment from anyone to deal with. We will be taken care of... I'm sure of it.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for that situation. We'll be praying for you. I agree, you will be taken care of. Still that is no fun. I appreciate your sunny outlook on trying situations. I love you sooooo much!

    ReplyDelete