Friday, March 5, 2010

Down

Sometimes your emotions get the best of you, and when you're emotions get the best of you, everyone handles it differently. Me? When I'm stressed, sad, or mad... I need comfort and communication. Scott? Stands quiet and likes to think to himself. It makes me sad when we get into bed and he turns the other way and says good night... That's it? I always think. I guess I knew that marriage isn't all butterflies and rainbows... But, I guess I kind of expected to be recognized a little more. I make the store runs, work 36 hour weeks, clean the house, and do the laundry... Yes, Scott pulls his weight around here too. But isn't there something inside of him that thinks his wife deserves a little more than the bare minimum? So, when I feel over welmed and I communicate it with him, why does he not give me any response. Doesn't it concern him that his wife is hurting in some way? I guess I am more of a feeler... If I see that he is stressed or upset I want to communicate and help him feel better. I guess Scott thinks that it's something that I need to work out on my own. I didn't get married to work things out on my own. How does this work? How do you meet in the middle? Sometimes I feel that Scott could have married anyone and been completely happy... He's so easy to get along with that any marriage would have been fine. Am I just a place holder? Now, I know this isn't true but sometimes this is how I feel, and aren't my feelings coming from somewhere? Shouldn't they make him a little concerned and want to help?

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm. You are figuring things out. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there sweetie. One of the hard things about marriage is figuring out how everyone communicates and deals with stress. Just remember, if Scott is stressed he will want to deal with it by being alone, and will naturally assume that if you are stressed you would like the same courtesy extended to you. Keep your eyes on Jesus. He is the one who values you above anything that you can understand. God didn't give you a husband to make you feel valued. He gave you His Son for that. You are so very loved by all of us. Big kiss.

    ReplyDelete